- Visit Castlebar's website for information on what's happening in the town.
- Visit the Discover Ireland website for information on where to visit and what to do while in the West of Ireland.
- Visit the National Trails office website with details of walking and cycling routes. This site also has information on the Great Western Greenway, a 42km off-road dedicated walk and cycle trail.
- Visit the Mourne International Walking Festival website.
- Visit the IML (International Marching League) website for information on this worldwide walking association with over 20 members. Since its foundation in 1987 it has pursued two main goals – firstly, to encourage walkers to cross international frontiers and secondly to bring people of different cultures and traditions together.
- Visit the IVV (the International Federation of Popular Sports) website for information on this worldwide walking association that was formed in 1968. The two main goals are to encourage public health through non-competive outdoor sports, such as walking, and to contribute towards peace and understanding among nations by fostering international friendship through sport.